Article 12 of the UN Convention of the Rights of the Child:
"Every child has the right to have a say in all matters affecting them, and to have their views taken seriously."
A new School Council, which is made up of 12 representatives, is elected each year, with every class from Year 1 to Year 6 nominating representatives. This group of children speak on behalf of the whole school and help to make decisions about school life. We value the opinions of our pupils and the School Council gives pupils a way to represent the views of the whole school and share these opinions with the Head Teacher and other members of staff.
This year our School Council have:
- Organised a 'sponsored mile' to raise money for UNICEF & Ukraine
- Met with our catering company to discuss school meals and ways to improve
- Consulted over changes to uniform
- Met with the MP for Old Bexley & Sidcup to find out more about his role
- Spoken with the school's wellbeing governor
- Organised donations to be taken to Poland/Ukraine
- Consulted over streamlining the school values
- Consulted over the Home/School Partnership Agreement
- Organised a 'Christmas Jumper Day' to raise money for Save the Children
- Shared ideas for clubs they would like to have in the school
- Shared ideas for playtimes and lunchtimes